Que la force soit avec toi...

Et oui, in a bit of an interim period at the moment over here. Me and frenchman found ourselves a new nid (nest), a snazzy little flat with a mezzanine in the Croix Rousse area of Lyon. I'd like to bang on about our hellish search through millions of rat infested crap holes until we finally struck gold but the truth is: we took the 2nd flat we saw. Bish bash bosh, job done. There was however an INSANE amount of paperwork to see to (the french do love their bureaucracy) and lots of hanging around between midday and 2pm until all the estate agent Gastons had stopped munching their camembert so we could finally get stuff done. ahhhhh La France! So we can't move in til next Tuesday and that has meant a fair amount of hanging around at Chez Adri's rents. Its fine though we've had the sunshine in the day and the all the Star Wars films to watch at night.

We also have been lucky enough to  inherit a massive amount of kitchen stuff from Adrien's grandma: tiny coffee cups, plates, old fashioned colourful cooking pots, tins, jugs and salad bowls. its now into its third generation of Rocheforts, lets hope I can do it justice once we get our kitchen sorted and I can start cooking. We also have champagne glasses which to me seems like a unavoidable excuse to buy champagne...

I've also been getting started on my Rick Stein's french Odyssey  DVD that I bought myself as a little treat before I left... I'm on the way to becoming a fully fledged food geek. sweeeeet, time for Un diner presque parfait!
Over and out.


edit

No comments:

Post a Comment