lo! the (not so) flat hills of my homeland!

Ahhhh to be back in England, there’s really nothing better than coming home and gorging yourself on those things you miss. For me that’s been roast dinners, Fry-ups, homemade carrot cake and muffins with marmite. It’s been wonderful being back and while I’ve been here I discovered a rare gem just minutes from my door. Nestled next to the M25 and Reigate’s chavvy twin sister, Redhill, is Fanny’s Farm Shop. In the past I’ve driven past the sign and giggled, I’ve even been enthralled by a fascinating review in Time for Tea written by old ladies heart-throb Mark Davison for the local rag, but never once had I set foot inside this charming establishment. Until last Wednesday, when, on the suggestion of my good friend, Amy, we ventured over to Fanny’s for a cream tea! What a diamond in the rough it really is. Warm homemade scones with proper clotted cream and delicious jam, an eclectic selection of unmatching crockery, tables and chairs, a charming shop stocked with organic greens, fresh eggs and artisan preserves and chutneys. There’s even a rock in a basket that tells you the weather forecast and a collection of chimney pots from various stately homes. Overall the experience was jolly good and thoroughly English, just what I needed, we even glimpsed the busty, animal loving Fanny herself- what a treat. 

London condiments- Also saw "London Traffic jam" snigger!

Fanny is delightfully witty...


edit

No comments:

Post a Comment