DIY Cheese Celebration Cake




My friend Steph and I share a love of all things cheesy and so this year for her birthday I decided to give her an extra special birthday surprise.

I have spent hours of surfing cheese wedding cake pictures online, and asking myself the question- is it bizarre to buy a cheese wedding cake just to eat myself?  Whilst pondering this question an idea suddenly hit me. What if I could make my own mini cheese celebration cake and use it as an exciting present for my cheese loving friend? (whilst also getting stuck in to its’ delicious creamy goodness at our joint birthday party- mwahahaha)

Here is my guide to making your own DIY cheese celebration cake.



Equipment:
Selection of assorted cheese wheels
Cocktail Sticks
Paper or card
Pretty fabric
Cake Board, chopping board or slate cheese board
Candles

1. Buy assortment of cheeses, they must be full wheels not wedges or slices. You can get them from a cheese shop if you’re feeling flush or a local supermarket (I’d recommend the selection in Sainsbury’s, Waitrose or M & S)

2. Create little mini labels from your paper and cocktail sticks with the names of your cheeses.

3. Place your fabric on your serving board

4. Unwrap the cheese an hour before you’re ready to serve the cake and place the cheeses one on top of another on top of your prepared serving board.
Tip: It is better you use a sturdy cheese for the bottom, if it’s too creamy and free flowing you cake may collapse into a pile of gooey cheesiness! (I however used a camembert and it was fine so just give your cheese a squidge and see how firm it is)

5. Once you have stacked the cheeses then arrange your cocktail stick signs on each cheese. 

6. You’re now free to decorate your cheese celebration cake. I simply topped mine with bright birthday cake candles.

7. Some other ideas include edible flowers or fruits which can also be served alongside, you could even buy some fancy crackers and arrange them in a pattern as part of your cake.

8. Sing Happy Birthday. Blow out Candles. Gorge yourself. 



edit

No comments:

Post a Comment