Metrocity


24/10/11

Despite having to work on Sunday this week (shudder) we went out on Saturday on a Velov adventure (the rentable bikes in Lyon) to a flat warming and then met Pierre-Alexandre after work at his restaurant, a wonderfully old and wood panelled ‘bouchon lyonnais’, where we sat and drank incredible champagne amongst the empty tables and perused the expensive menu.  The next day whilst travelling home on the metro a guy got on with a sketch pad and started drawing. I wasn’t sure but he seemed to be drawing me. My first instinct was to think, oh dear he’s gonna try and sell me my portrait. But in fact he was just innocently drawing people on the metro just for the pleasure of it. How lovely. Just before I left I asked for a quick peek. He showed me a sketchy comic book style likeness of myself sat cross legged, reading my book. It was really cool. That’s the kind of metro attention I welcome, made a nice change from the creepy fat man who was sat fondling himself opposite me the previous day…

edit

No comments:

Post a Comment