My Favourite Food Blogs

I love making recipes from my favourite food blogs. There are two blogs I absolutely love.
Alexandra’s Kitchen sends me mouth-watering step-by- step pictures of beautifully simple and delicious recipes. These pop into my inbox weekly and make me want to head home and start cooking straight away.
Check out her blog here: http://www.alexandracooks.com/
I recently tried her (very naughty) croque-monsieur recipe which made for an incredible brunch with my housemates.  
This weekend I decided to try some recipes from my other fave blog: Eat Like a Girl. Niamh Shields is always posting great restaurant reviews and interesting recipes. I love her ideas often based around home comforts with a twist.
Check out her blog here: http://eatlikeagirl.com/

On Saturday I tried her peanut butter noodles with prawns. It was quick and easy to make and the rich, spicy peanut sauce gave me a satisfying hit of one of my favourite flavours. I added some sugar snaps and baby corn to the recipe and fewer prawns to make this dish more healthy.


Last night I tried out her rhubarb tart with rose and pistachio frangipane. The flavour combination was great, really interesting and the pistachio went really well with the rose. I couldn’t stop eating the leftovers from my Magimix! I loved the bright pink of the Yorkshire forced Rhubarb against the bright green frangipane. 


Yorkshire rhubarb is in season around this time and up in Wakefield they even have a food festival dedicated to this wonderful British fruit at the end of February. Perhaps we’ll get a chance to visit some of the producer’s when we make our way to Harrogate for BBC Good Food show Spring!


edit

No comments:

Post a Comment